Library cards are free to applicants of any age who meet any of the following criteria:
- You are a resident of the State of Ohio
- You are associated with a member of an Ohio regional library system as a cardholder from a member library
- You are a temporary/transitional resident of Hamilton County
- You are a property owner in Hamilton County (if you do not live in Ohio, see eligibility requirements of Non-Ohio Applicants)
If you live in Ohio and are applying for a library card for the first time, you may apply for a card using our online application form (below).
If you do not live in Ohio, you will need to apply for a library card in person. Stop by the Main Library Circulation Services Department or any of our branches and our staff will be happy to help you in obtaining a Library card. When you come in, you will be asked to verify your identity and home address (or property ownership):
- Details about what kind of identification and documentation you will need to provide are available in our Get a Library Card webpage.
- Information about the requirements for non-Ohio applicants can be found in our Library Card and Circulation policy.
- Cards are free to residents of Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties in Kentucky with a valid library card from their local library, picture ID, and address verification.
Existing Card Holders
If you need to renew an existing library card, please contact your neighborhood branch or the Circulation Services Department (513-369-6900). If you need to replace a lost card, bring your I.D. into any of our locations, and we’ll issue a new card at no cost. If you need to update your library account information, use our convenient online form.