The Library offers wide variety of services and resources to meet the needs of book clubs!
Book Club Card
The Library offers a new card to support the many active book clubs in our community! This new card allows book club organizers to request multiple copies of the same title (up to three titles) with automatic renewals and no late fees. Books may be requested via an online request form and can be picked up as a group or individually at the requested pick-up location in three weeks.
- Visit your local branch or call 513-369-6900 to find out how to apply for a book club card.
- Sign up for a book club card and use our online order form to request books.
- Use your book club card to request one of our new Book Club Kits. Each kit consists of a tote bag and five copies of recent bookclub favorites.
Looking for ideas for titles that will spark a lively discussion at your next book club meeting? Here are some Library resources to help find your next great pick!
- NoveList Plus includes thousands of fiction and nonfiction titles, author readalikes, award winners, book discussion guides, and features that allow you to search by author, title, series, plot, and genre.
- The Reading Recommendations section of our website offers readers booklists on a wide variety of topics.
- Follow our Book Club Ideas board on Pinterest.
Library Book Discussion Groups
The Library hosts a wide variety of book discussion groups—including some just for teens and kids—at branch libraries. Membership is open to everyone, and there are no dues or fees. Most groups meet once per month, and the discussions last between one and two hours. Copies of titles to be discussed are collected ahead of time by Library staff. Use our program calendar to access a list of upcoming discussions or contact your local branch for details.
Online Book Clubs
Join these free bookclubs and receive chapters from popular books in your daily email. Every day, Monday through Friday, you’ll receive a portion of a chapter that only takes five minutes to read. After you’ve read two or three complete chapters, you’ll begin receiving chapters from a new title. Sign up for one, or several book clubs, depending on your reading interests. Visit our Online Book Clubs webpage to subscribe and learn more about the featured titles.