2533 Kemper Lane
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
Children’s Librarian: Kerry Rhoad
|Mon, Tue||noon–8 p.m.|
|Wed, Thu||noon–6 p.m.|
|Fri, Sat||10 a.m.–6 p.m.|
The branch is located on the corner of Kemper Lane and William Howard Taft Road. Parking is available in the lot adjacent to the building. The branch is served by Metro routes 1, 4, 11, 31, and 69.
Walnut Hills Branch Library opened in April 7, 1906, replacing two neighborhood deposit stations. Designed in the French Renaissance style, it was the first of nine branch libraries in Cincinnati built through the generosity of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The twin columns at the entrance arrived from Munich, Germany, with the Tyler Davidson Fountain, and later were incorporated into the building’s design. Paintings in the adult reading room are the gift of a local artist. Other special features include the original birch-stained mahogany woodwork and the stained glass window in the vestibule, a gift commissioned and purchased for the library by an area couple.
A book return is available at the branch.
The Walnut Hills Branch meeting room seats 30 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.