Fifty Five+ · Grandparents · Books to Read to Your Grandchildren
It's always a good time to read with grandchildren! These great books will have you laughing and crying, wondering and discussing. What better way to bridge the generation gap?
- Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- The Hello Goodbye Window by Norton Juster
- More, More, More Said the Baby by Vera B. Williams
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Burton
For the Elementary Grades
- The Aurora County All Stars by Deborah Wiles
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- The Underneath by Kathy Appelt
- A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Marika by Andrea Cheng
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Still Need Help?
The Ask a Librarian page lists all the different ways you can get assistance! Want more suggestions? Ask your Children's Librarian!