Building Main

outlines the Library’s evolution as it moved up Vine Street.
Construction
Excavation for the ‘new’ Main Library at Eighth and Vine in 1952
Gayety Burlesk
The Gayety Burlesk was torn down to make room for the 1982 addition to the Main Library
Dedication 1982
View of the Atrium
Overview 1997
The 1997 addition to the Main Library used a three-level ‘connector’ to jump over 9th Street