The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is committed to providing a secure, clean, and supportive environment for use of its resources and services. To achieve this, the Library has established the following standards of behavior:
Respect Your Surroundings
- Damaging or tampering with Library property is not permitted.
- Recreational use of skateboards, skates, or bicycles is not permitted.
- Food and drink are permitted in designated areas only.
- Use of alcohol or tobacco is not permitted.
- Bathing, shaving, or washing clothes in restrooms is not permitted.
- Interfering with the access, egress or use of Library facilities is not permitted.
- Playing of audio equipment without headsets or making unreasonable noise is not permitted.
- Harassment, disruptive or threatening behavior, and use of abusive or obscene language are not permitted.
- Sleeping is not permitted.
- Sexual misconduct is not permitted.
- Panhandling, distribution, or selling of non-library approved material is not permitted.
- Offensive or pervasive odor that constitutes a nuisance to other customers or staff is not permitted.
- Presence of pests on person, belongs or library materials is not permitted.
- Inappropriate use of the Internet or violation of the Library’s Internet Use Policy is not permitted.
- Carrying any item that is deemed to be a weapon is unlawful.
- Possessing, selling, distributing or consuming any illegal controlled substance in unlawful.
- Service animals for people with disabilities are welcome. No other animals are permitted.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- The Library does not accept or assume responsibility for personal belongings.
- The Library does not accept or assume responsibility for unattended children. Police may be notified of unattended children at closing.
- Bags and briefcases are subject to inspection at exit.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Library reserves the right to require users to leave the Library premises if standards of behavior are not maintained. For more information, please refer to our official Standards of Library Behavior policy.