Dear Teachers and School Librarians,
A library card helps your students become superstars!
This fall the Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County is working with schools in Hamilton County on an exciting competition to encourage ALL students K–8 to get a library card. To make it fun, the Library is partnering with the Greater Cincinnati Alliance for Arts Education (GCAAE).
- You can give your students a terrific tool for achievement.
- Your class and school can compete to win a fantastic performance from our arts partner.
- You and your class can generate school pride and community visibility while having fun!
- You can be part of an outstanding program that will energize your students, and it’s all FREE!
How do I participate?
- Give a Library Card Application and Parent Letter to each of your students. Set a return date for parents.
- Remind students that library card applications must be signed by a parent.
- Collect the completed applications and parent letters. Keep in the return envelope.
- Fill out the front of the envelope, and return it to your school office by Oct. 21.
- The week of Nov. 14, your student’s library cards will be delivered to your school’s office along with your award for helping.
- Distribute the cards to your students!
Rewards and Prizes
All teachers who have 80% or more of their students with library cards will receive two tickets to an upcoming arts performance or arts merchandise, a chance to win additional arts related prizes, and be entered into a drawing for a Nook Color e–reader.