Second Floor–South Building
Manager: Bill Hyden
Hours of Service
9 a.m.–9 p.m.
9 a.m.–6 p.m.
1 p.m.–5 p.m.
About the Department
The TechCenter is the place to go to accomplish a majority of your computer-related tasks! Use one of our 101 PC computers or any of our five Mac computers to learn to type, get a free email account, write a resume, search for jobs online, download and listen to music, build your first web page, use our scanners to digitize your documents and much more. Every TechCenter staff member is ready to assist both new computer users and experienced pros with their endeavors. Visit us today!
- Productivity: Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Photo editing and graphic design: GIMP
- Scanning: Epson Scan, ABBYY (OCR)
- Audio and video playback: Windows Media Player
- Accessibility: ZoomText Magnifier
Interested in sharpening up your computer skills or learning some new ones? The TechCenter offers over 20 unique programs every month that cover everything from computer and Internet basics to word processing to social networking, basic Web design, and much more. We are always adding new classes based on customer requests and continually revamping our material so it best suites the needs of everyone who comes in to the TechCenter.
View our calendar and register for classes online!
Check out some of our class material below. Feel free to print these off for your own personal use or to use them to prepare yourself for any number of the classes we offer each and every day in TechCenter.
- Lynda.com is an award-winning library of video-tutorials that cover a wide range of topics from Microsoft Word to more complex software such as Adobe Photoshop. The site also offers tips on building a business, videos on marketing and tutorials on animation and computer programming. Great for beginners all the way up to professionals. Free with your library card.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 classes on many topics. These classes are instructed by real teachers who guide your learning and provide feedback on your work. Learn about Microsoft Office, Web Design, Computer Basics, Business Applications, and more! Free with your library card.