Watch a preview of our Download Music service!
Music lovers, take note of an exciting new service from the Library! Using our new Download Music service, you can use your library card number and PIN to download up to three MP3 songs per week from Sony Music’s extensive catalog. Hundreds of thousands of songs from bestselling artists in over 100 genres of music are available to download. All the music is free and can be kept forever (no due dates!).
Quick Tips for Using Download Music
- Songs can be downloaded 24/7—all you need is your library card number and PIN.
- You may download up to three songs per week. Your counter resets to zero every week on Monday morning.
- The Sony Music catalog includes over 500,000 from artists representing a wide range of genres, including R&B, Jazz, Rock, Country, and Classical. Well-known names include Bruce Springstreen, the Glee cast, Sade, Billie Holiday, Johnny Cash, and Beyonce. New music is added daily.
- Browse for music by genre, featured artist, or newly added. If you’d like to listen to a preview, click on the arrow to the left of the song title.
- You don’t need to install a download manager or special software on your computer. Once you find a song to download, click the “Download Now” link and then choose to “Save” the song. Select the folder or drive where you want the song saved.
- The music files can be transferred to iTunes and all MP3 compatible devices, including iPods, iPads, PCs, and Macs.