The Library is partnering with the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority to offer easy access to the CMHA’s online pre-application for the Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list.
- Pre-applications can be only be submitted online from 12:01 a.m. Monday April, 4 through 11:59 p.m. Friday April 8. If you don't have Internet access, check the CMHA website for a complete list of agencies with computers that can be used to submit a pre-application.
- CMHA will award wait list slots through a lottery system.
- Have a pen and paper handy to write down your confirmation number
- Only one application per person will be accepted
What You Need
Please be prepared to provide the following when you apply:
- Annual Household income, including:
- Pre-tax gross employment wages
- All Social Security, SSI, OWF/TANF/Welfare benefits - including minor children
- All cash received on a regular basis from family, friends or others considered to be regular contributions
- All amounts received for child support
- Net income received from self employment
- All monies received from any pension plan
- All monies received from assets, (ie rental income, interest from a Certificate of Deposit (CD), Annuity, savings account, Investment Retirement Account (IRA), etc.
- Birthdates and Social Security Numbers of everyone living in the household
- Current Mailing Address and Emergency Contact Address
- Identify a qualifying preference
- Elderly (head, spouse or co-head of household is age 62 or over)
- Disabled (head, spouse or co-head is disabled)
- Center for Independent Living Options (CILO) referral
- Living Arrangements for the Developmentally Disabled (LADD) referral
- Asset Information
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Real estate owned
Where to Apply
- Online via the CMHA website
- Any computer with Internet access, including all computers for public use at all Library locations.
- Selected library agencies have computers reserved for Housing Choice Voucher pre-applications. Please refer to the CMHA website for the list of dates, times, and library locations.