The Library is pleased to announce its participation in FotoFocus Cincinnati, a month-long biennial celebration spotlighting independently programmed exhibitions of historical and contemporary photography and lens-based art, which will be held in October, 2012.
To celebrate, we are going to showcase works from the region’s best photographers. Between May 1 and July 31, photographers can enter our Frame Cincinnati Photography Contest and the best submissions will be displayed in the Atrium of the Main Library in September and October. Submissions will be accepted in two categories: Student (high school and college) and Adult.
Winners will be notified in late August.
- No purchase or payment necessary to win. Participants can enter in one of two categories: Student (high school or college) and Adult.
- Participants may only submit one photo to be judged.
- The photo must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Photos may be of any subject, but must be taken inside the 275 loop (Kentucky and Indiana included).
- No watermarks, copyright notices, or signatures may be included. All photos will be displayed with the photographer's name.
- Use of editing software is permitted.
- Photos must be in jpeg format with a resolution of at least 300dpi and less than 10 MBs in size.
- Color or B&W is acceptable.
- Content of photos must be suitable for exhibition in a public area. Photos will inappropriate content will not be considered.
- Photos must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on July 31 using the online submission form.
- Winning entries will be exhibited in the Atrium of the Main Library from September 5 – November 4, 2012.
- Due to a high volume of entries, The Library is not able to provide updates on the status of entries.
Photographers retain all the rights to their images. By entering, the photographer permits The Library to print the image for display at The Library, and also permits the Library to include the image for publication in marketing materials.
To submit a photo, first type the characters you see in the picture below, then click the Next button.