The Library's ebook collection is now bigger and better than ever! Our new "Always Available" ebook collection from Freading includes over 20,000 new and recent fiction and nonfiction titles from well-known authors and small, independent publishers. The best part? There are unlimited copies so you don't have to worry about holds lists, waiting in line, or late fees!
Quick Tips for Using the "Always Available" Ebook Collection
- Ebooks can be downloaded 24/7--all you need is your library card number and PIN.
- You'll need the Adobe Digital Editions software and an Adobe ID to read ebooks on your computer or transfer them to your ereader. You'll also use the Adobe ID to authorize the Apple or Android Freading apps.
- Every Monday morning, you will receive four tokens which you can exchange for downloads. Each ebook "costs" one, two, or four tokens. When you choose a book, the amount of tokens labeled on the book is deducted from your account. Unused tokens roll over each week until the end of the month.
- Browse the "Always Available" website for reading material by category, top downloads, or new arrivals.
- Titles can be borrowed for 14 days. Visit the "My Downloads" section of the website to renew each title for one two-week period.
Ebooks from our "Always Available" collection can be transferred to ereaders such as the Nook, Kobo, and Sony Reader using Adobe Digital Editions. Titles can be downloaded to most Android devices, iOS devices, and to the Kindle Fire with the Freading app. A Freading app. Kindle devices other than the Kindle Fire cannot currently download ebooks from this service.
Select the "FAQ" tab on the Always Available homepage to access more detailed information about the collection and downloading ebooks.