Ready to take on the challenge? From June 1 through July 31, join Reading Rocks, the Library’s 39th annual Summer Reading Program. This year, there are more ways to win than ever before. The more you read, the more chances to WIN!
All sorts of fantastic prizes for preschoolers, kids, teens, and adults are available this summer! These prizes include: books, sling backpacks, coupon for a free used book or audiovisual item up to $3.00, at a Friends of the Public Library or Anderson Township Library Association sale, and entries to grand prize drawings for a LeapFrog Tag Reading System, Gold Star Chili gift card, iPod Touch, Cincinnat Reds tickets, Cincinnati Symphony and Pops Orchestra tickets, or a Sony Reader.
Kickoff Celebrations for Kids
Kids and their families are invited to stop by any of the five following branches on Saturday, June 2 between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. for a rockin’ good time. Stop by to rock and read with special musical performers, decorate a book bag and enjoy refreshments!
- Children’s Learning Center, Main Library, featuring a performance by the Frisch Marionettes
- Anderson Branch, featuring a performance by magician Tom Bemmes
- Delhi Township Branch, featuring a performance by David Kisor
- Madeira Branch, featuring a performance by Theaddeus Rex and Rock
- North Central Branch, featuring a performance by Zak Morgan
Kickoff Celebrations for Teens
We’re hosting special kickoff parties just for teens at the following locations:
- Miami Township Branch, Friday, June 1, 6:00 p.m.
- Green Township Branch, Friday, June 1, 6:30 p.m.
- Monfort Heights Branch, Friday, June 1, 6:30 p.m.
- Bond Hill Branch, Wednesday, June 6, 6:00 p.m.
- Mt. Washington Branch, Thursday, June 7, 3:00 p.m.
- Anderson Branch, Friday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.
- College Hill Branch, Friday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.
- Madisonville Branch, Friday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.
- North Central Branch, Friday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.
- Teen Spot, Friday, June 8, 6:30 p.m.
We’ll have board games or video games, food, and music! Check each location for specifics.
How to Participate
Signing up is easy! Just use our online registration form or sign up at any one of our libraries. Then, beginning June 1, use the online reading log to keep track of the books/minutes read. For every reading level you complete, you're eligible to win a prize.
Reading Rocks was made possible through the generous support of the following sponsors: The Library Foundation, The Friends of the Public Library, The Anderson Township Library Association, The Kersten Fund, Gold Star Chili, Cincinnati Reds, The Enquirer, Cincinnati Symphony and Pops Orchestras, and The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati.