On May 8 our Library received a National Medal for Library Service from the Institute for Museum and Library Service (IMLS). This award is the nation’s highest honor recognizing museums and libraries for their service to the community.
To celebrate this national recognition and thank our community for their support, we're holding a Fine Amnesty Day on Wednesday, May 15. On Fine Amnesty Day, outstanding fines will be removed from library cards. The fines may be the result of items renewed or returned prior to May 15th and items returned or renewed on May 15th.
How to participate in Fine Amnesty Day on May 15
- Stop by the Main Library or any of our neighborhood branches during regular service hours.
- Call 513-369-6900 between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Send us an email.
- Use our "Text a Librarian" service
On May 15, an online form will be available that can be used to notify us that you have outstanding fines on your library card that should be considered for removal.
What will not be included in Fine Amnesty Day
- Fines on items that are still checked out. The items on your card must be returned or renewed in order for the fines to be cleared.
- Fines paid before May 15 will not be refunded.
Fine Amnesty Day is just one small way to thank our community for the use and support that resulted in this national recognition. Without our supportive community and wonderful staff our Library would not be the tremendous community asset it is. This award belongs to all of us. Thank you.