Join us June 20-21 for special celebrations in honor of National Summer Learning Day!
June 20 Activities
To celebrate National Summer Learning Day on Friday June 20 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., customers are invited to join Main Library staff for a two-hour “Read In” in the Reading Garden Lounge. Sign up (provide your name and preferred time) for a five-minute time slot and read out loud! The Library will have a selection of books available or customers are welcome to bring their own reading material. Readers will receive a small “thank you” prize and can enter to win a free session of 3D printing at the Library! Readers and listeners can log any time they spend at the Read-In as part of their Summer Learning reading time. During the event you can also:
- Watch a demonstration of our new 3D printer
- Sign up for our Summer Learning Program by the end of the day and be automatically entered into a drawing to win a Kindle Fire HDX 7" tablet!
- Write your favorite book quote on a fan
In addition to the "Read In," here are some other programs taking place at the Library on National Summer Learning Day:
- Internet Genealogy, Main Library
- Food, Facts, and Fun, Deer Park Branch
- Science Matters @ Your Library, Green Township Branch
- Magic @ Your Library, Madeira Branch
June 21 Activities
- Meet Rufus the Reading Dog
- Spin the Library Prize wheel
- Learn how to use a 3D Doodle Pen
- Make a craft at the Cincinnati Family Magazine table
Can't make it downtown? There are plenty of fun programs going out at branches as well that day! Highlights include:
- Mail Time, Madisonville Branch
- Build a Birdhouse, College Hill Branch
- Lego Jr. Robotics, Deer Park Branch
- Science Matters @ Your Library, Children's Learning Center
Visit our online program calendar to see what's going at your neighborhood branch!