The Library and the Ohioana Library Association are celebrating the works of Hamilton County authors published in 2013 during a special celebration on Sunday, April 6, at 1:30 p.m. in the Main Library Reading Garden Lounge.
The Cooper Award, given for outstanding contribution in promoting books and reading in Hamilton County, will be presented to the Mercantile Library of Cincinnati during the event. A panel of authors will discuss “A Writer’s Life,” speaking on creative influences that inspire them to write, and more than 100 authors will be recognized for their contribution to the area’s literary heritage. A small book fair will follow the program, and participating authors will be available at the fair to talk about their books as well as sign any purchases.
In 1929, the Ohioana Library Association was founded to collect, preserve, and promote the written work of Ohio’s authors, artists, and musicians.
Panel Discussion Participants
- Emma Carlson Berne, author of Never Let You Go and Still Waters
- David Lyman, author of Cincinnati Ballet Celebrates 50: 1963-2013
- Dann Woellert, author of The Authentic History of Cincinnati Chili
- Mary Kay Carson, author of How Does The Earth Spin? and What Was Your Dream, Dr. King? And Other Questions About Martin Luther King, Jr.
Schedule of Events
- 1:00–1:30 p.m. – Author registration, introductions, photos
- 1:30–2:00 p.m. – Welcome, speeches, Cooper Award
- 2:00–3:00 p.m. – Panel discussion, author recognition
- 3:00–4:00 p.m. – Author meet-and-greet