Between January 1 and February 28, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is looking to discover new and talented poets from the Cincinnati Region. Adults, ages 18 and up, are invited to enter the Library’s third annual Poetry Contest!
- Entries must be submitted using this online form, between January 1 and February 28, 2014.
- Each poet may submit no more than one poem.
- Poems must be unpublished and original content.
- Poems must be suitable for a general audience.
- Poems must be submitted in a Word document, no longer than one column on an 8.5 x 11 page in length, and typed in at least a 12pt font.
Entries that are not in compliance with these rules are subject to disqualification.
The entries will be judged in March by a committee comprised of literary professionals. Judging will be anonymous and the judges’ decisions are final. Up to four winners will have their poem published on our website in April and will be given the opportunity to read at the Main Library’s Poetry in the Garden series, which is held Tuesday evenings in April.
To submit a poem, first type the characters you see in the picture below, then click the Next button.
The Library is not responsible for entries that were not received. By entering this contest, you give the Library permission to publish your name and poem, should your entry win.
The Poetry Contest is co-sponsored by the Greater Cincinnati Writer’s League.