The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Foundation Writer-in-Residence Program
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County invites applications from local writers for the first Writer-in-Residence program. This program will provide the opportunity for a local writer to showcase his or her literary work and promote writing and literacy in the community.
Dates of residency: September through November 2014
Benefits of residency:
- $10,000 stipend
Requirements for eligibility:
- Active full or part-time writer
- Must reside in southwest Ohio
- Must conduct a writer’s workshop, speak at four community events and participate in Library promotions during residency
Applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter outlining interest in the residency
- Current resume, including a list of publications and completed projects
- A sample of recent work
Application deadline: All materials must be received by August 31, 2014
Send materials to:
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Attention: Kimber L. Fender, The Eva Jane Romaine Coombe Director
800 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
The candidate selected will be announced in September at the Library Foundation Donor Event.
For more information about the program, writers may contact Kimber L. Fender at 513-369-6972 or via email.