From January 1 to February 28, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is looking to discover new and talented poets from the Cincinnati Region. Adults, ages 18 and up, are invited to enter. The Poetry Contest is co-sponsored by the Greater Cincinnati Writer's League. Entries will be judged in March by a committee comprised of local literary professionals. Judging will be anonymous and decisions are final. Up to four winners will have their poem published on our website and will be given the opportunity to read their poem at the Main Library’s Poetry in the Garden Series, which will be held Tuesday evenings in April.
- Each poet may submit no more than one poem
- Poems must be original content and unpublished in any public medium
- Poems must be suitable for a general audience
- Poems must be submitted in a Word document, no longer than 40 lines, at least 12-point font, on one 8.5-by-11 page; prose poems no longer than 300 words.
- Entries must be submitted using our online form by Feb. 28.
- Entries that are not in compliance with these rules are subject to disqualification.
- The Library is not responsible for entries that were not received.
- By entering this contest, you give the Library permission to publish your name and poem, should your entry win.
To submit a poem, first type the characters you see in the picture below, then click the Next button.