THE CINCINNATI LIBRARY COMIC CON HAS EXPANDED
The Cincinnati Library Comic Con (#CLCC16) series is back for its fourth year! Join us in celebrating comic books, graphic novels, superheroes, and the 50th anniversary of Star Trek!
Make plans to attend the Cincinnati Library Comic Con 2016 Main Event (noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, May 21). The event will include face painting; crafts for all ages; board, card, and dice gaming; creator booths; costume/cosplay contest; scavenger hunt; drawing contest awards ceremony; and, more! Special guests include: Eric Adams, Craig Boldman, Tim Fuller, and Scott DM Simmons.
Pre Events: For All Ages
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Exhibit (March 15–May 23). Memorabilia from the Star Trek franchise from The Original Series through the new reboot films.
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary Movie Series.* Use our poll to choose your favorite Star Trek film, then hang out with your fellow Trek/Sci-Fi fans to watch the top three picks in room 3A of the Main Library:
Snacks and drinks provided. *Age restriction for each viewing based on the rating of the film chosen in the polls. All Star Trek films are PG or PG-13.
- Third Place (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home) – 2 p.m., Saturday, March 12
- Second Place (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country) – 2 p.m., Saturday, April 9
- First Place (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) – 2 p.m., Saturday, May 21
- International TableTop Day (1-5 p.m, Saturday, April 30). Celebrate #TableTopDay with us! Bring your friends and your family to play traditional and modern board, card, and dice games at the Main Library. Use one of ours or bring your own. Snacks and drinks provided.
Pre Events: For Ages 5 & Up
- The Cincinnati Library Comic Con Drawing Contest (March 1-31). Submit your comic book, graphic novel or manga-inspired drawings in our Drawing Contest.
Pre Events: For Ages 12 & Under
Pre Events: For Teens
- Lights, Camera, Action! (3:30 p.m. Thursday, April 14, in TeenSpot). Join us for an action movie to get pumped for Comic Con! Show up, vote for your film of choice, grab some popcorn, and enjoy!
- Comic Book Jewelry (3:30 p.m. Thursday, April 21, in TeenSpot). Let your crafty side show by using old comic books to make spectacular jewelry! Supplies provided.
Pre Events: For Adults
- Graphic Novel Discussion Group (noon, Saturday, April 23, in the Popular Library). Join us to discuss Star Trek, Volume 1 by Mike Johnson in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.
- Comic Book Storage and Preservation Workshop ( 2 p.m. Sunday, April 24, in Room 3A). Kick off Preservation Week and learn how to extend the lives and values of your comic books with this basic workshop.
- Reader’s Emporium (6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 17, at Coffee Emporium Downtown). Join your fellow superhero enthusiasts for a discussion of the new book by Christopher Bennett, one of the featured guests at the #CLCC16 Main Event!
Main Event Schedule
Saturday, May 21, Main Library