- Books by the Banks
- Provides information about the annual Cincinnati book festival organized by the Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County, University of Cincinnati Libraries, The Mercantile Library, CET, Cincinnati Magazine, and Joseph-Beth Booksellers. Includes regional and local authors, book signings, and author panels.
- Ohioana Book Festival
- The Festival is dedicated to showing off the literary talents of Ohio’s resident authors and includes featured authors, panel discussions, and literary readings and is hosted by the Ohioana Library.
Book Sales & Specialty Bookstores
- The Anderson Township Library Association
- A volunteer group that helps support the facilities, services, and resources of the Anderson and Mt. Washington Branch libraries of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County through its year-round used book sales.
- Blue Manatee Children's Bookstore
- Independent bookseller of children's books, learning materials, puppets, and games. Provides information about books clubs, French and Spanish story time, music programs, movie nights, and special events.
- The Blue Marble Childrens' Bookstore
- Independent bookseller located in Ft. Thomas, KY serving Northern Kentucky and the Greater Cincinnati area. Features children's literature, educational games, activity kits, parenting and teacher reference books. Includes updates on Tri-State authors and illustrators.
- Duttenhofer's Books
- Independent bookseller in Clifton near the University of Cincinnati. Carries over 40,000 rare, old, and used books covering a wide range of topics from vintage paperbacks to fine leather bindings.
- Friends of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
- Offers year-round sales of used books, CDs, audio and video tapes, DVD's, and books-on-tape with the largest sale offered in June.
- Joseph-Beth Booksellers
- An independent community bookstore that offers book clubs, book discussions and author signings. Often co-hosts events with local community organizations and participates in school book fairs. A partner of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County's On The Same Page program and sponsors the Monday Morning Writers Group.
- Ohio Book Store
- Stocks books and magazines covering all subjects, specializing in Cincinnati history. Offers book appraisals and custom bookbinding services.
- Cincinnati History Library and Archives
- Contains information about books, maps, pamphlets, newspapers, manuscripts, and photographs available at this research library in the Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Lloyd Library and Museum
- Contains historic and current books, journals, and archival materials on a wide variety of disciplines that fall under the subjects of natural history, botany, pharmacy, and medicine.
- Mercantile Library
- A membership library that contains a general collection with special strengths in books pertaining to Cincinnati and Ohio.
- Milford Mystery Library
- Located in Milford, Ohio, the library in open to the public and offers a wide selection of mysteries and thrillers.
- The Ohio Genealogical Society Library
- Holds a large collection of Ohio genealogical resources.
- Ohioana Library
- Collects, preserves, and promotes the written work of Ohio’s writers, artists, and musicians. Not a circulating library, materials are available for use in the reading room. Publishes the Ohioana Quarterly, provides educational resources, and hosts the annual Ohioana Book Festival.
University & College Libraries
On this Page