- Animal Diversity Web
- Maintained by the Museum of Zoology at the University of Michigan, this website offers pictures and general information about many animal species.
- Animal Pictures Archive
- In addition to pictures of animals, this site also offers sound and video clips.
- Birmingham Zoo
- An easy-to-navigate site from the Birmingham, Alabama, zoo with a wealth of information.
- NOAA Websites: Ocean Sciences
- Information about marine wildlife and ecology from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Threatened Animals of the World
- Search the World Conservation Monitoring Centre Animals Database for endangered animals throughout the world.
- World Wildlife Fund
- Maintained by the World Wildlife Fund, this website gives information on climate change, the seas, forests, and, of course, wildlife.
- Read about birds and participate in backyard bird counts on this website maintained by the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- A comprehensive source of information for thousands of fish species.
- Butterflies and Moths of North America
- Occurrence maps, species accounts, checklists, and photographs.
- Entomology Index of Internet Resources
- Compiled by two entomologists, this website serves as a directory and search engine of insect-related Internet resources.
- Biomes of the World
- Useful information on aquatic, tundra, grassland, forest and desert biomes.
- The Living Edens
- Based on the PBS series by the same name, this website offers another look at many of the world's undisturbed places.
- Major Biomes of the World
- Provided by the Virtual Geography Department at Radford University, this website offers students basic data on biomes' climate, flora, and fauna.
- Lots of information provided by the National Park Service on the preservation of our natural resources.
- NatureServe: An Online Encyclopedia of Life
- From the Association for Biodiversity Information, this website provides taxonomic and distribution maps for over 50,000 plants, animals, and ecological communities in North America.
- Use this great one-stop site for planning a vacation to any of our Federally owned lands. You can focus on select activities, such as climbing or fishing, if you choose.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Contains many links to lots of information about wildlife protection and management.
- USDA Forest Service
- Visit this website for general information about national forests. You can also use the site to locate and reserve camp grounds and cabins.
- The Wilderness Information Network
- Keep up-to-date on issues affecting our national wilderness areas.
- The American Kennel Club
- Information about the AKC and its events, dog breeding and care.
- Animal Network
- Basic information about pets.
- Use this website to find purebred dog breeders, dog clubs, and dog rescue groups.
- Cat Fanciers
- A primary source of information about cats: breeds and breeding, purchase, shows, rescue and registry.
- Dog Owner’s Guide
- This online magazine for dog owners offers excellent tips on choosing, caring for and training dogs. It's a must-see for anyone interested in the proper care of dogs.
- A great place to start your search for the pet that's right for you.
Trees & Plants
- Ohio Trees
- Use this web page from the Ohio Division of Forestry to identify and read about Ohio's native trees.
- What Tree Is It?
- Identify trees by leaf, fruit, or name.
On this Page