Sites by Subject · Pictures, Images, Sound & Video
- American Memory
- Compiled by the Library of Congress, as part of the National Digital Library. Topics here include American history, African Americans, performing arts, photography, movies, maps, and music.
- Architecture Visual Resources Library
- View images of buildings at the Architecture Visual Resources Library from the University of California at Berkeley.
- Clearinghouse of Image Databases
- An extensive list of image sites compiled by the University of Arizona Library.
- A digital archive of over half a million pictures from a leading provider of photography and fine art on the Internet.
- Digital Librarian: Images
- Links to a number of major image sites for art, history and other areas.
- Image Collections and Online Art
- Part of the "Mother of All Art History Links Pages" from the University of Michigan, this site includes art images from around the world.
- Library of Congress - Flickr Photostream
- View historical photograph collections from the Library of Congress and learn about the Library of Congress Photos on Flickr project.
- Library of Congress - Prints & Photographs
- Provides lists of images on popular topics, collection guides and finding aids.
- Library of Congress - Webcasts
- Find Library of Congress webcasts on a variety of topics.
- Library of Congress - World Digital Library
- Find rare and unique documents – books, journals, manuscripts, maps, prints and photographs, films, and sound recordings – that tell the story of the world’s cultures.
- Library of Congress - YouTube Channel
- View the earliest films by Thomas Edison, Westinghouse "Industrial" films from 1904, curator presentations of "Journeys and Crossings," and the "Books and Beyond" author series.
- Life Magazine Photo Archive
- Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, from the 1750s to today.
- Lincoln Letters Wiki
- Use the Library's wiki to share your thoughts or comments about our collection of Abraham Lincoln letters.
- Using the Lycos search engine, choose advanced search. Limit your search to pictures and view the results.
- One of the largest oral history projects of its kind, people interview family and friends to record and preserve the stories of someone important to them. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. Listen to any of the hundreds of stories recorded, drawn from conversations between more than 50,000 participants in all 50 states.
- Washington University Digital Gateway
- Washington University (St. Louis) maintains this site with links to library imaging centers, resource guides, reports and commentaries.
- Greater Cincinnati Memory Project
- Over 6,000 images from the pre-1940 greater Cincinnati area.
- Greetings from Cincinnati
- A wealth of postcards featuring images of Cincinnati and the surrounding communities, ranging from the 1890s through the 1990s.
- Inland Riverboats Photograph Collection
- Thousands of photographs from the Library's Inland Rivers Photographs Collection are now online. Share your memories and knowledge of the Inland Riverboats by contributing to our wiki.
On this Page