The Library is committed to providing resources and services to our community’s life-long learners.
Early Literacy Education
Storytime at the Library
- Story times. Raise your child to be a reader by bringing them to storytime at the Library. All our locations offer storytimes that are designed to be fun and help develop your child’s early literacy skills.
- Every Child Ready to Read. Help your child get ready to read with simple activities every day.
- Early literacy and the Library. The Library is an excellent resource to support you as your child’s first and most important teacher.
- Spending, Saving, Sharing For Kids. A two-year series of programs, supported by a PNC Foundation grant, that provide the foundation of financial education to preschool-aged children and their parents.
- Early Literacy Stations. Learn about and find the location of these hands-on computer workstations for young children.
- Scholastic BookFlix. Online video storybooks for kids.
- TumbleBooks Talking picture books for kids.
- World Book Early World of Learning. Narrated stories, interactive games, educational videos, leveled reading practice, and a visual interactive encyclopedia for preschoolers and children in early elementary grades.
Homework help at the Library for primary school students
Primary and Secondary Education
- Education Databases. Use these resources to find quick answers—you can trust—for daily questions.
- Homework HelpNow. Students (K-Adult) can get live online homework help, skills building, writing assistance, test prep help, and more from expert tutors. If you haven’t used the service before, please read through the Homework HelpNow FAQs.
- Homework Central/Adult Learning Center Department. Hamilton County primary and secondary students can receive homework assistance—in person, by phone, email, and the Internet—in an environment conducive to study and learning.
- Homework Help - Branch Programs. The Library provides free homework help to students K-8 at a number of branch libraries.
- Kidspace. The Library's website for teens.
- Teenspace. The Library's website for kids.
- Additional resources in the Library's collection:
The Main Library’s Adult Learning Center
Resources for Teachers
- Teacher collections. Let Library staff prepare a collection of materials relevant to your curriculum.
- Educator Cards. Learn about the special library card just for educators.
Adult Secondary Education
- Adult Basic and Secondary Education links
- Homework Central/Adult Learning Center Department. Adults can receive academic assistance with a range of services from literacy help to GED practice in this Main Library Department.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Services. Practice conversational English and survival vocabulary in the relaxed atmosphere of a conversation group.
- Pre-GED/GED. Resources, testing locations, and additional information.
- Lifelong Learning: