Knowledge is power! These library resources can help you learn a new skill today!
Universal Class homepage
- Universal Class
- Access over 500 online continuing education classes on a wide range of subjects, including: arts and photography, cooking, crafts and hobbies, financial management, home and garden, pet and animal care, and writing. The self-paced, non-credit personal and professional development classes are led by real instructors who will give you continuous feedback on your progress. You’ll need a library card to use this resource from home.
- Learning Express Library
- Take your computer skills to the next level with this collection of interactive tutorial courses. Topics include: Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Micosoft Access/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems. Videos and screencasts make learning easy while quizzes help assess your progress. You’ll need a library card to use this resource from home.
- Mango Languages
- Learn a foreign language from the comfort of home! The Mango Languages online language instruction program is focused on practical, common conversation skills and includes instruction on vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture. You’ll need a library card to use this resource from home.
- Transparent Language Online
- This personalized online language instruction program uses flashcards to help you memorize words and phrases in a new language, including their meanings and proper pronunciation. In addition to building your vocabulary, Byki offers specialized tools to help you perfect your pronunciation skills, as well as providing individual progress reports and proficiency tests.
- Signing Savvy
- Use this unique online resource and reference tool to increase your vocabulary or improve your everyday American Sign Language signing skills.