Looking for a title that isn’t in our catalog? Through SearchOhio and OhioLINK you can borrow material from the collections of over 140 Ohio public and academic libraries for free. Learn more about these services.
If what you are looking for is not part of our collection and is also unavailable through SearchOhio and OhioLink, we offer Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) to borrow materials or resources from other library systems. To request an Interlibrary Loan, Contact Interlibrary Loan staff by phone (513-369-3120) or email.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- You must have a valid library card.
- A $5.00 fee per title will be charged. This fee must be paid when you pick up your ILL material. If you do not pick up the material, the fee will be charged to your library card.
- It usually takes between 2 to 4 weeks to receive material from other libraries. You will be notified by phone or email when your item is available.
- Photocopies of individual magazine or newspaper articles are available through ILL. Some libraries charge a fee for these photocopies. When placing your request, you will be asked to provide the maximum cost you are willing to pay. Typically, $10.00–$15.00 will cover most charges.
- The maximum number of items that can be requested via ILL at any one time is 25.
- Software, feature films, and titles already in our collection may not be borrowed through ILL.
- Nonfeature videocassettes and DVDs can be borrowed for 7 days. All other material can be borrowed for 21 days. Items obtained through Interlibrary Loan cannot be renewed.
- Overdue charges are $2.00 per day for nonfeature videocassettes and DVDs. Overdue charges for all other material are 20¢ a day.
- Replacement fees will be billed to your account for long overdue items.