Books, Music & Movies · The Darkest Minds

cover image of The Darkest Minds

The Darkest Minds

Alexandra Bracken

Bracken (Brightly Woven, 2010) creates a gripping and terrifying dystopian world in which 98 percent of America's teens have fallen victim to disease and the remaining 2 percent are imprisoned in brutal rehabilitation camps. Ruby was nine when the virus struck. Now 16, she has managed to escape from the camp and begins an unpredictable journey with a group of fellow runaways. She is also hoping for someone to help her understand the tremendous power she has acquired. Amid danger and violence, Ruby emerges as a reluctant heroine, strong, yet vulnerable. The heartbreaking cliffhanger will have readers eager for the next book in this planned trilogy.