January 2013

Branches · Bond Hill

Branch Portrait

1740 Langdon Farm Road at Jordan Crossing
Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
Phone 513-369-4445
Fax 513-369-4532

Branch Manager: Melissa Davis
Children’s Librarian: Danielle Mcfarland
Teen Librarians: Carolyn McCune and Judy Ten Eyck

Hours of Service
Mon, Tue, Thunoon–8 p.m.
Wed, Fri, Sat10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunclosed

Location

The Bond Hill Branch is located in Jordan Crossing (formerly known as Swifton Commons Mall) at the intersection of Langdon Farm and Reading Road. Parking is available in the Jordan Crossing plaza level lot. The Bond Hill Branch is an ADA accessible facility. The branch is served by Metro route 43.

Services

Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn! The Main Library is located downtown at 800 Vine Street.

Meeting Room

The Bond Hill Branch meeting room seats 50 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Building the Next Generation Library site.

Branch History

Library service to Bond Hill began in 1899, when a deposit station opened in the community. The deposit location moved to a storeroom at the corner of Oakdale and California Roads in 1930 and relocated, three years later, to a temporary location in the Bond Hill School. In 1936, the branch moved into a building on Dale Road. Construction began in 2006 on a new 12,000 foot facility at Jordan Crossing that is meant to serve both the Bond Hill and Roselawn communities. The new building was dedicated on August 9, 2007. The dramatic interior incorporates abundant natural light, an inviting color scheme, and an open floor plan with reading areas for adults, kids, and teens.