August 2013

Branches · College Hill

Branch Portrait

1400 W. North Bend Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
Phone 513-369-6036
Fax 513-369-6043

Branch Manager: Ashley Barnhill
Children’s Librarian: Amanda Rychener
Teen Librarian: Karla Moeller

Hours of Service
Mon, Tue, Thu noon–8 p.m.
Wed, Fri, Sat 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sun closed

Location

The College Hill Branch is on the corner of W. North Bend Road and Lantana Avenue. A parking lot is available behind the building. The College Hill Branch is an ADA accessible facility. The branch is served by Metro routes 15X and 41.

Services

Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn! The Main Library is located downtown at 800 Vine Street.

Meeting Room

The College Hill Branch meeting room seats 35 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Building the Next Generation Library site.

Branch History

Library service began in College Hill in 1914 when a small library opened in the Town Hall. The library operated at several locations along Hamilton Avenue and in College Hill Elementary School until 1956, when it moved to a site at 1611 North Bend Road. The current branch was built on the site of a farm once owned by John T. Crawford and opened as the Northern Hills Branch on July 11, 1966, serving the College Hill and Finneytown communities. The branch was renamed the College Hill Branch Library in 2001.