February 2012

Branches · Elmwood Place

Branch Portrait

6120 Vine St.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216
Phone 513-369-4452
Fax 513-369-4534

Branch Manager: Rick Mattson
Children’s Librarian: Melissa Gartner

Hours of Service
Mon, Tue noon–8 p.m.
Wed, Thu noon–6 p.m.
Fri, Sat 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sun closed

Location

The Elmwood Place Branch is located on the corner of Vine and Maple Streets. The parking lot can be entered from Maple. The Elmwood Place Branch is an ADA accessible facility. The branch is served by Metro route 78.

Services

Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn! The Main Library is located downtown at 800 Vine Street.

Meeting Room

A meeting room is not available at the Elmwood Place Branch.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Building the Next Generation Library site.

Branch History

Library service to Elmwood Place began in 1899, when a deposit station opened in a drugstore, and ten years later, moved to a plumbing shop. A full-scale branch library opened in the Elmwood Place Town Hall in 1911. The Elmwood Place Branch has twice been forced to close temporarily: in 1931, when a fire destroyed the Town Hall roof; and 1974, when tornado damage caused the building to be razed. Service resumed in 1977, when the Elmwood Place Branch was rebuilt.