April 2013

Branches · Harrison

Branch Portrait

10398 New Haven Road
Harrison, Ohio 45030
Phone 513-369-4442
Fax 513-369-4443

Branch Manager: Michelle Elliott
Children’s Librarian: Caitlin Snyder
Teen Librarian: Damian Kristof

Hours of Service
Mon–Thu 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
Fri, Sat 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sun closed

Location

The branch is located on the left corner of the intersection of New Haven Road (Exit 1 off I-74 West) and Carolina Trace. The parking lot can be entered from either road. The Harrison Branch is an ADA accessible facility. Bus service to the branch is not available.

Services

The Harrison Branch has a drive-up window. Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn! The Main Library is located downtown at 800 Vine Street.

Meeting Room

The Harrison Branch meeting room seats 50 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Building the Next Generation Library site.

Branch History

The origins of the Harrison Branch date back to 1880, when a private Library Association was formed by a small group of individuals in the community. A few years later, the H.L.A. collection merged with that of the Harrison Public School Students’ Library. In 1891, the collection was donated to the Village of Harrison with the proviso that the Village maintain a free library. In 1900, the Village Library turned its collection of books over to the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, which then established the Harrison Branch. The branch has been housed in a variety of locations over the years. In 2001, it moved to its present location, where a new state-of-the art facility was built to provide the Harrison community with the latest in library services and technology.