October 2015

Branches · Mt. Healthy

Branch Portrait

7608 Hamilton Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Phone 513-369-4469
Fax 513-369-4470

Branch Manager: Elizabeth Hartlaub
Children’s Librarian: Patrick Goodman
Teen Librarian: Sarah Rust

Hours of Service
Mon, Tue, Thunoon–8 p.m.
Wed, Fri, Sat10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunclosed

Location

The Mt. Healthy Branch is on Hamilton Avenue in the heart of the business district. A parking lot is available behind the building. The branch is served by Metro routes 15X, 16, and 17.

Special Services

The Mt. Healthy Branch is an ADA accessible facility. Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn!

Meeting Room

A meeting room is not available at the Mt. Healthy Branch.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Facilities Master Plan page.

Branch History

Library service to Mt. Healthy began in 1899, when a deposit station opened in Dr. Abbott’s Drug Store. Several years later, the library moved into a building on Compton Road which also housed a candy store. In 1928, a full-scale branch library opened on Hamilton Avenue. In 1951, the branch was moved to the floor below the Masonic Lodge. Ten years later, additional space was added to the branch when it expanded into an adjoining storeroom.