July 2013

Branches · Norwood

Branch Portrait

4325 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
Phone 513-369-6037
Fax 513-369-6039

Branch Manager: LeeAnn McNabb
Children’s Librarian: Katheryn Toren-Jones
Teen Librarian: Jacob Glemaker

Hours of Service
Mon, Tue, Thu noon–8 p.m.
Wed, Fri, Sat 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sun closed

Location

The branch is located on the corner of the intersection of Montgomery Road and Weyer Avenue. The entrance to the parking lot is on the Weyer Road side of the building. Although the branch is ADA accessible, handicap access to its meeting room and program area is not available. The branch is served by Metro routes 4, 51, and MetroPlus.

Services

Curbside service is now available at all branches. Visit the Main Library's MakerSpace to use our 3D printers, laser cutters, engravers, and other equipment to create, invent, and learn! The Main Library is located downtown at 800 Vine Street

Meeting Room

The Norwood Branch meeting room seats 50 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.

Next Generation Libraries Project

Thanks to the residents of Hamilton County, the Library will receive approximately $19 million in additional funding for the next ten years beginning in April 2019, for a total of $190 million. Given that the average length of time since a branch has been renovated is 40+ years, the bulk of this funding will go toward improving each of the Library’s 41 locations. The development of the Plan will take place throughout 2019, and the Library will hold hundreds of community engagement sessions to listen and learn from the community about what their biggest needs are and how the Library, with its 41 locations, can be re-envisioned to serve not just today’s generation but also generations to come. Learn more on the Building the Next Generation Library site.

Branch History

Library service in the Village of Norwood began in 1898, when the Cincinnati and Hamilton County library system established a book delivery station in a drugstore. The current building, completed in 1907, was built with funds donated by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. The Italian Renaissance style structure features two Rookwood urns near the front entrance and two Clement Barnhorn bas reliefs. In 2001, a number of improvements were made to the existing facility, including the restoration of some of the building’s original architectural elements and the purchase of new furniture, shelving, carpeting, lighting and computer equipment.